I found the secret to waring a almost 3 year old child out!!! My niece, she is a hand full!! I'm telling you, she is almost 3 years old, like in 2 weeks will be 3. I have been around since she was born, I have watched her grow, and become this kid that you can't fool. She's very smart, clever, and well demanding. This past weekend was the Memorial Marathon, a month ago, I thought it would be the coolest thing to get her involved somehow, and plus get my fattiness out and about. Yes, that right I use my niece to get myself active. Anyway, so I signed us up for the 5K walk. It was awesome. First, I woke up late, had to book it to my brother's house to get them (him and my niece.) My brother ran the 1/2 marathon--IDIOT-- and my niece and I were going to just stroll through the 5K. My brother and his brilliance has a jogging stroller, which was great if it hadn't had a flat tire. But I fought through that. My niece did great, she kept hydrated drinking her water, and munching on her fruit snacks, and kept me going by yelling "faster *** ******" "We going to Win!!!" she's a natural competitor.
When we got to the finish line ( or close to it) I let her out of the stroller. She started to run, to cross the finish line. Everyone clapped and cheered her on, she was so proud of herself. I think she's hooked!!! She got her medal so did I. We waited around fro quite some time for her dad to finally finish the 1/2. She got to cheer him on as he came through the finishing area. We all got in the car, and literally barely got out of the parking garage and she was out cold!! There, the secret to knocking a kid out, have the participate in a marathon!
When all is said and done, it was a great time. I'm glad I got to do this with her. But I have to say spending a weekend with a demanding almost 3 year old, would cause any one's ovaries to shrivel up and dry out in the fear of having to to do that 24-7.
Picture to come later:
No comments:
Post a Comment