Friday, February 17, 2012

It's very sweet but no thank you...

I am very happy for others who are happy with their lives and want to share their happiness. It is very sweet, it really is, but please filter it. I really don't want to receive cute pictures of your child. Yes, your child is cute. Yes, your child is the best in the world. Yes, you are annoying with the constant chatter of your child. Why is it that once a baby comes into the picture that all of a sudden the person with the baby assumes that others want to be included or be an audience to the never ending stories of their child?

Now, I am not innocent in this, not at all. I have been know to talk about my niece and her cuteness. I don't mind hearing the stories as long as it does not involve a detailed description of the baby's bathroom habits. What bothers me the most is getting pictures around the holidays of these children. Yes, they are cute, but why would an adult who is not a family member want a picture of someone else's child? Is this some other custom that has been pushed upon individuals who have chosen to wait or not have children in hopes it will trigger the need to have one? I don't understand it and I don't appreciate the suggested peer pressure.

No comments: