Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paying for other's stupidity

Okay! I'm going to dish some "dirt!" I'm not really supposed to do this here, while at work, but I can't take it any more!!!! I work with IDIOTS!!!!! Seriously, I don't like my job, and I don't really care "fully" who knows it. I know I should be grateful for having a job, but there are times when it is just to ridiculous to think like that. I work in a department that has gone through many changes within the year that I have been here. Some changes good, some based on morons with the power. First of all, the one moron hired some people that well should not have been hired. These 4 people were only hired because of their age. One out of these 4 truly does try and is understanding and has a brain of her own. The remaining 3, I think the best way to describe them is TARDS!!!! I am now subject to cross training these TARDS because even though they have been here for almost a full year, one has been here as long as I have, well they aren't getting it.
Now, I have stated that I don't like my job, this doesn't mean I want to lose my job, and I welcome every opportunity whether genuine or not to improve my work, and maybe even go to the next step if that is possible (which I doubt, but hey I have to tell myself something right?) Anyway, there was an opt to go to a program training class, which would have giving me another resource to go to perform my job more efficiently, maybe. Anyway, well because of the TARDS not know the basics of this program and telling the manager about it, the training course was cancelled, and now I am stuck going no where, and being what I considered "punished" for the stupidity of others. It so annoying. I'm all for giving people opportunities in a job market that is very competitive, but really, if it's been a year and these TARDs still don't get it, don't you think that things should change with them, meaning instead of making changes to suffice personal feelings, maybe the bottom line would have been a better way to go about it. I understand trimming the fat, and keeping the cheap labor, but really, sometimes there's a reason why they are so cheap, especially at that age.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cup said...

the decision to keep the cheap labor will only end up being more expensive in the end. the company will inevitably waste money trying to train people that have no knowledge of the industry and no desire to do anything more or less than exactly what their job description states. sad, sad, sad. and i'm sorry.