Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, let's see...hmmmm...

I have been watching my brother's dogs for the past few days, actually 6 days to be exact. And although his dogs are unruly, stubborn, and all around the typical dog, they are pretty cool. They frustrate me, because with my "its all about me" personality and high expectations of "don't make me say it again" demands, they have a spot in my smaller than Grinch sized heart. Okay, so let me explain about these "mongrels" that I am trying to convince myself that I like in some sort of shape and form. They are beagles, if anyone has ever encountered the misfortune of owning one you could understand the frustrations that they can cause. There are two Becky and Fletcher. Becky is the youngest at 4 yrs, and Fletcher is 5. So they aren't puppies make little mistakes, these are adult dogs who are doing things out of spite and the need for attention.
I totally believe that Becky, being female is the master mind at all of this. My brother has one of those step trash cans in his kitchen, its tall. Well, no matter how empty that can is, Becky and Fletcher get into it. Normal dogs, knock the can over and just make this huge destruction of the bag, and whatever trash is in there. But these dogs, observe what is going into the can through out the evening, and wait for the perfect opportunity. Becky and Fletcher, have some how planned this out very well, when you go away for just 5 minutes, they have managed to open the trash can, and pull out just enough trash for each of them. Then here's the best: they hide the best for later, when they know there wouldn't be anything for them to get. Last night for example, it had been a few days since they got into the trash, and I had a small plastic plate that had some food on it, and when I was picking up their first mess I couldn't find it anywhere. Well, I finally found it, one of them had literally stuck it under a cushion of the living room couch. Mind you the couch is white! NICE RIGHT?!? So I finally get it out and away from them. So obviously I was quite annoyed with this, but how do you get totally mad with the brilliance of that? I mean, come on how many dogs out there, open a step trash can, pick out the good stuff, and save it for later? It astounds me that they have that ingenious, I could really do anything, but smirk and do the "humane" thing and say bad dogs, but please, you know they were just staring at me saying "yeah, that's right I'm smart, and you're retarded, cuz it took you two days to find this, which mind you was right under your nose the whole time, scent defective human!"
Oh side note, the worst thing is, is that they have gotten my dog involved in this crusade to drive people nuts with their brilliance. They have set it up, that if they are "jonesing" bad enough and the ppl are around, to have my dog as a "look out" while they go into their mission impossible venture. Damn dogs, or is it damn me for not have the intuition/ingenious that they have?

And yes, this is what my life is like, being tricked by an animal without thumbs, and licks their own ass...

1 comment:

Mrs. Cup said...

"smaller than Grinch sized heart"..LOL! Um why don't you put the trash can in the pantry or the laundry room where they can't get it?!?!

Side note: YAY! You fixed your comments forum!