WOW!! For the first time in almost a year my pastiness was outside all day for two days straight! I am happy to report no sun burn!! A true success, now unfortunately I'm still pasty, but its more of an eggshell pasty rather than an all purpose flour meets computer paper pasty. So I'm on my way to looking less see through and more opaque.
I hung out at my brother's all weekend, he had is daughter, the coolest 3 year old in the world. However, I have to say, by Sunday I was pretty much over the toddler questions. My brother and his short term roommate were working on the yard and a friend and myself watched my niece and kept her occupied with pools, water, and games. We noticed that my brother and his friend were finishing up, and by then it was noon-ish and we were pretty worn out with the toddler. Mind you she is really cool, but full of energy and QUESTIONS..."where, where, what, what, why, why, how, how, when, when...etc" Get the picture? Now knowing that the two guys were finishing up came the drinks. It was really nice to sit out on the deck soaking up the sun and having some adult beverages. Unfortunately the sun and the drinks wiped me out, and I crashed for about 2 1/2 hours and missed out on the rest of the afternoon. But it was a much needed nap.
Oh how I love those lazy days, reminded me of California, laying out by the pool from the time I woke up in the morning till a little after lunch, and then napping through out the afternoon, or going to the movies.
I have been debating whether or not to buy a house for some time. The market is scary obviously, and plus it is a commitment that I don't know if I truly want. But I'm thinking that if I do get a house, I would want one with a pool, so that maybe I would go outside more often. But who knows, that's also an added responsibility that I don't know if I'm truly ready for.
Question: This is something I have been pondering for awhile, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but here it goes: have you ever taken a look at all your friends, and noticed how each one has some quality that you like/dislike or a quality that is a reflection of how you see yourself? Now is this normal? I will look at people I hang out with, talk to, or have met I see somethings in them and I either admire about them that I would like to apply to myself, or I see things that I know inside I like about myself, or even those people that I don't really like I see those same qualities in myself that I don't really like. Do others do this, or is this more of a insanity observation than I realize?
Hope all had a great weekend.
1 comment:
I think you always tend to attract people that are some sort of extension of yourself. Oooooh...it just got deep in here.
I love the pool...and adult beverages.
Post a Comment