Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear Distance,




Distance and myself have been a fickle pair. When I was younger I would maintain distance, keeping my physical boundaries wider than most. I was that kid in the airport that the mother is frantically looking for, because any chance I had I would wonder off and do my own thing. In school I didn't have many friends, I was a very judgemental child. My friends where the ones that I deemed to be cool. If I thought you were remotely weird/gross/or a loser, you knew it. I was mean. Then I got to a point where everyone fell into those categories. So I started saying no more to friends, or anyone. I kept my distance. But with maturity (yeah, I like to call it that) I realized that I was just as flawed as everyone else. Fast forward to many years later. I had several friends, still keep in touch with them. But I got tired of all the drama that happens as people get older, and start their adult lives. So I distanced myself again. Said forget this, I'm focusing on myself...Then, before I knew it, Distance has "distanced" itself from me. UGH irony it's a pain. And now I find myself, without distance and I miss it. Distance, if you are out there reading, or just simply surfing the web, please come back. I am lonely without you...

1 comment:

Mrs. Cup said...

Just get a t-shirt that says 'save the drama fo yo mama'...that will give people the general idea that you like distance! ;~)