So I'm sitting here really bored, I have made a playlist of the stuff I would listen to in High School. I never realized how messed up I was during that time. If going by the music I listened to some might say I was sick. I'm actually a fan of Marilyn Manson, now in saying that I was really picky about what songs I liked from him. I to get headaches from his screams and some of the screeching that he did. It was mainly a time when I was new to the states and didn't quite know how to fit it. So the music was mainly deathy, edge-ish, and depressing. I was a huge, still am, Metallica fan. I can't stop loving Enter Sandman, and especially Unforgiven. I would listen to those two songs over and over, and have caught myself doing it now. There is something about the lyrics, beats, and the mood that those songs have. Then there was the stage of the psuedo-pop/punk stage. Talk about a drastic difference. I went from Marilyn Manson to Blink-182 and Christina Aguilera...I know I still chuckle at the change. I got really girly really fast, this would be my sophomore year. I literly began to listen to Brandy also. WOW! Here's how cheesey I was, I was actually interested in the "boy" and he was dating someone else, and I would think that the song by Brandy and Monica was all about the situation. How funny is that. Maybe I should have kept that to myself, mayb not because I won. OMG! And we can't forget about Usher, Eminmen, Chumbawamba, Madonna, and Destiny's Child, yup that's right I have a very wide selection of Music likes. Then this is what was the wierdest situation, I got a new-ish car that only had an AM radio and all I could pick up was radio Disney and an AM country station so I really started to like Britney Spears, and COUNTRY. How that happened I have no clue. But now as me about music, and I will have no clue what I like, I really haven't gotten into anything that sets a mood or anything. I miss the days of the Good Metalica, and the songs that would actually relate to life scenerios. It is quite tragic how music has stayed in High School. When you think about it, my generation and older generations can afford to buy the CDs and support the industry but the industry doesn't support us by providing something for us, I say "HEY PEOPLE HOOK US UP WITH THE MUSIC" don't we remember Christian Slater in "Pump Up The Volume" Mark: We're all worried, we're all in pain. That just comes with having eyes and having ears. But just remember one thing - it can't get any worse, it can only get better. High school is the bottom, being a teenager sucks, but that's the point, surviving it is the whole point. Quitting is not going to make you stronger, living will. So just hang on and hang in there.
Now if you have not seen that movie, rent it, buy it, just get it some how, you are totally missing out on an awesome post 80's movie. I must say that Christian Slater looks great in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment