Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dreams...

Yup! that's right, Dreams....what can you say about it. Not much. Some people's dreams are fluffy white perfect aspirations, while others don't have dreams. I'm not talking about the kind that you have when you are asleep and your subconscious is in overdrive. I'm talking about those dreams that were instilled in you as you grew up. I don't know about you, but I can remember being told that when I get older I was going to marry my best friend, and have babies. Yeah, that would be a NO!!! Marrying my best friend would be okay, however, the baby part, well I think I'll pass. I know I talk about my niece and have a bunch of fun with her. But the thought of being truly responsible for raising an upstanding citizen of the world, freaks the living you know what out of me. I'm all for others to having kids, but I'm too self absorbed to really put forth the kind of energy and effort into another human being's growth.

I have been asked what kind of dreams I have for myself. Honestly, I couldn't answer that. I know what I don't want, but really how does someone limit themselves to achieving some dream that may not happen or just is unrealistic. So I say throw those archaic dreams out the window, and just see what happens...relax, take a deep breath and realize that without the pressure of achieving those "dreams" you are now able to enjoy what is happening around you and go with the flow, rather than fighting to keep some dream alive that obviously isn't going to happen.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cup said...

Great advice! Now, if some people would only take it.